Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thank you, my Dear Kier

Yesterday I was on facebook and saw a post from Keirin that said she was going to read the entire British Literature Anthology. Not more than a week ago I was thinking the same thing as I was dusting off my bookshelf. However, being that Brit lit and I have always had a love/hate relationship, I was dusting off my American Literature Anthology. While in college there were things in there that I did want to read, but never were assigned, and therefore I never did because of the sheer amount of other work I had to do.
I will read the entire anthology, and I will make notes here. (If you're insane *ahem .. interested* enough to follow this you can follow Kier's too at britlitter.blogspot.com if you're into British literature, as well) I'm sure some of these entries will be a lot more thought out than others. There are some authors in American literature that I know are in that book that I just don't like, though not an excuse to not attempt to write something intriguing. Or at least give a valid attempt. It also doesn't mean that things won't be edited as I ponder and process.
Now, there is no way that I will be able to handle reading just the anthology because that's a lot of academia for my peon little mind all at once. I will be reading more contemporary things while I do this, as well.
I'm probably a lot more excited about this than I should be. My nerd sense are tingling as I write this. I know I've made a lot of sidebar notes in that book, and I think that not only will it be interesting to see what I wrote all those years ago, since I've been using that book since my first semester Freshman year, but if I still agree with things that I wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment